Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

watchOS 6.1 - Apple Watch Itunes Store sign in seems to be broken

Hey guys,

yesterday i reseted my watch cause somehow the activity data seems to be much more then ever before. I got much more training minutes by doing the same daily stuff.

After the restore and it does not matter if its configured from backup or as new watch, the app installation process on the watch does not work. There is always the message:

"Unable to Purchase App. Sign in with your Apple ID from the Apple Watch app on your iPhone"

And exactly here is the problem. If go to that App i have 2 Apple ID's. One on my main account and one for the Store from earlier times. This was never a problem.

But since i don't know when this login for the Itunes Account seems broken on the App. There is no feedback at all. There is no information that the password is wrong or correct and the Link "forget your password" is also not working. Not that th this matters at all.

So currently there is no way to get app working on my Apple Watch 4 with watchOS 6.1. Good job Apple. 

Does anyone has the same issues and found a workaround or a solution?

Thank you in advance.

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 2:04 AM

7 replies

Nov 1, 2019 2:16 AM in response to banshPLX1

The problem is you have two Apple IDs.

FYI, All content downloaded using one Apple ID cannot be merged or transferred to another Apple ID.

Apps are forever tied to the Apple ID used to download them.

You can delete the apps using your old Apple ID and re-download/re-purchase them if the actual Apple ID.

watchOS 6.1 - Apple Watch Itunes Store sign in seems to be broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.