Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch app will not let me sign in with my Apple ID

the watch app will not let me sign in with my Apple ID, what can I do to fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 7:49 PM

Is this a new watch or did you buy it second hand? If it is not new, it is probably Activation Locked which is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the lock and Apple will not help you find that owner. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock then the watch is useless to you or anyone else. Dispose of the watch properly or try to get a refund.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

If you are the ORIGINAL owner, then see:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2021 7:49 PM in response to sova-grace

Is this a new watch or did you buy it second hand? If it is not new, it is probably Activation Locked which is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the lock and Apple will not help you find that owner. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock then the watch is useless to you or anyone else. Dispose of the watch properly or try to get a refund.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

If you are the ORIGINAL owner, then see:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Watch app will not let me sign in with my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.