Apple login on apps issue.

I have a Apple Watch Series 6 with the latest software, in a family, and I don’t have a paired IPhone. What are some ways I can allow Apple Sign In from my watch settings for apps? As in, when I click on the button on an app that says “Sign In”, with a big Apple logo before the text, it says, “Cannot Create Account. Your Apple ID cannot be used to create accounts for other apps” with an ok button below. Also, sorry for this being enclosed in a quote. I just don’t know how to get out of the quote block. Is there any way I can use my watch to sign in?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 9

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 4:08 PM

By "in a family" do you mean you are part of a Family Setup:

Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

If so, note that some Apple Watch features depend on having a companion iPhone, and aren't available on an Apple Watch that you pair using Family Setup.

If you are part of Family Sharing group and have a dedicated iPhone paired with the watch, then does the Family Organizer allow you to purchase apps with their account?

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2023 4:08 PM in response to StartingViolinist

By "in a family" do you mean you are part of a Family Setup:

Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

If so, note that some Apple Watch features depend on having a companion iPhone, and aren't available on an Apple Watch that you pair using Family Setup.

If you are part of Family Sharing group and have a dedicated iPhone paired with the watch, then does the Family Organizer allow you to purchase apps with their account?

What is Family Sharing? - Apple Support

Sep 15, 2023 2:19 PM in response to javaliga

Yes, I am in a family set up, and I have my own Apple ID account. I downloaded the app with the permission of the organizer via a notification from family, but I don’t have a paired iPhone. Just the watch. Do you or someone else know a way to fix my issue, because the app took a lot of work and effort to install (Me sending constant requests through the App Store every hour.)

Apple login on apps issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.