Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv content will not play on Catalina OS

I bought a new MacBook Pro in March of 2019.

I have a 4K TV monitor hooked up to the laptop via HDMI connector (to a USB-C connector hub).

I can select a purchased movie to play, and when I go to play it, I only get sound, no picture.

I have tried to play the content on the laptop itself (not connected to the monitor). and I get the same thing- sound but no picture. What am I missing here?

Thanks for your help.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 11:11 AM

You will be best served to contact Apple Support team https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=cups

As this is an issue that cannot be resolved simply through the support community. Do you have an iPad? As the other issue could be that sidecar is enabled and connected.

10 replies

Nov 1, 2019 10:27 AM in response to rhernandez1205

This sounds like an issue I am dealing with for Safari and Netflix.

I am using a USBC cable connected to my 2019 MacBook Pro and to my BENQ 3501R ultra wide. I get sound but no picture - even get subtitles.

People in forums keep pointing to cable being the issue - previous Mojave OS and Safari worked without issue.

You could try using Firefox or a Chromium based browser and see if that works. It works for me with Netflix. Only downside for doing so with Netflix is that it's not 1080p. Unsure if you will run into that with Apple TV content.

Hopefully this helps you out. If it works with another browser. Please let Apple Support know this is an issue so that Engineering team can work on it harder. As so far they cannot resolve my issue and claim it's just me kinda thing.

Let me know how it goes!

apple tv content will not play on Catalina OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.