Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low volume after mute

Hi,

Since the first version of iOS 13 installed on my iPhone 7 I've noticed strange behavior. It's not getting fixed in any newer version.

After having mute switch enabled for some time (not entirely sure how long, but it's not happening after a short time) and disabling it the ringer volume is being set to lowest possible value, no matter what the volume level was before muting the phone.

I can see exactly the same behavior on my wife's iphone 8 plus.

Any ideas if there's some fix for that, or another bug in ios 13?

Honestly 13 is getting on my nerves...

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 10:41 AM

2 replies

Nov 6, 2019 9:46 AM in response to yoyek

Good afternoon yoyek,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are having some issues with the volume on your iPhone 7 changing after enabling the mute switch.

As a test to see if this is related to the hardware (Ring/Silent switch), try the following:

1. Open the Settings app and tap Sounds & Haptics.
  2. Adjust the volume in the Ringer and Alert section to about the 3/4 position on the slider.
  3. Turn off" Change with Buttons."
  4. Then, instead of using the Ring/Silent switch to mute the iPhone, open Control Center and drag the volume slider down so that you see no volume.
  5. Restart your iPhone.
  6. Open the Clock app and set an alarm to ring in 3 minutes.
  7. Does the volume remain where you set it?

iPhone User Guide - iOS 13 - Adjust the volume on iPhone

iPhone User Guide - iOS 13 - Change iPhone sounds and vibrations

Use and customize Control Center on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Please reply to this thread if the issue persists after trying the steps above, and I'll do my best to help you with this!

Take care.

Low volume after mute

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.