Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updated to macos catalina my itunes store show error 11556 and I cannot connect my apple ID with itunes store. Please help.

After updated to macos catalina my itunes store show error 11556 and I cannot connect my apple ID with itunes store. Please help.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 4:40 AM

Same issue to me.

Solution #1: crate another Admin-account. Don't sign in to iCloud at setup. After setup, sign in to the apps (Music, tv, Podcasts, Books) what should happen without an issue. Then connect to iCloud via system settings.

Solution #2: via Terminal commands that reset iCloud. After that sign in to the apps (Music, tv, Podcasts, Books) what should happen without an issue. Then connect to iCloud via system settings.

Terminal commands like I did with help from the Apple support team:

After the first command (sudo -v) you have to type your password - blind - then hit enter and proceed.

31 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2019 4:40 AM in response to DrMSR93

Same issue to me.

Solution #1: crate another Admin-account. Don't sign in to iCloud at setup. After setup, sign in to the apps (Music, tv, Podcasts, Books) what should happen without an issue. Then connect to iCloud via system settings.

Solution #2: via Terminal commands that reset iCloud. After that sign in to the apps (Music, tv, Podcasts, Books) what should happen without an issue. Then connect to iCloud via system settings.

Terminal commands like I did with help from the Apple support team:

After the first command (sudo -v) you have to type your password - blind - then hit enter and proceed.

Nov 5, 2019 9:03 AM in response to DrMSR93

I called Apple Support today and here's some fresh info about that issue:

• The easiest way to solve this problem is to create another administrator's account, login and check your apps again. Everything will work fine. I've tested this thing.
  • The second way is about your SSD or Fusion Drive. When you're in recovery mode check out your drive in Disk Utility. Click on the left upper corner and choose "Show All Devices". You will see three or four partitions. If you have Fusion Drive then you must erase only the "Container disk2" (it's below the Fusion Drive). If you have and SSD try to find AppleSSD or something like that. So, basically don't touch any of "Macintosh HD" or "Macintosh HD Data" and just install Mac OS again.

Personally, I didn't try the second option but hope it will solve the problem too.

Nov 5, 2019 11:33 AM in response to Litvision

For me help the Recovery mode but in the next way:

1. cmd+r when loading
  2. Erase Macintosh HD DATA then Macintosh
  3. Reload with cmd+r
  4. install the macOS Catalina but don’t Sign In with Apple ID when configuration mac
  5. after sign in to apps music and another
  6. sign in to your account with Apple ID and iCloud
  7. all working well! iTunes, tv, music

P.S. tested 2 days this method. But the method with another admin user is working too

Nov 8, 2019 5:02 PM in response to Tom-Bola

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Solution 2 worked for me. I didn't want to attempt a totally clean install and was thinking I would have to wait for a software update. I thought part of the issue might be iCloud (since I could sign into those apps with a new user account that didn't have iCloud setup). I've copied these terminal commands in case I ever find the need to kill my iCloud instance again.

Nov 9, 2019 2:43 AM in response to socal59

Hi @socal59 sorry to read that. My solution seems to work for most, but at least not for all, users. There is no 100% guarantee that it will help everyone.

Just to make sure the procedure after using the terminal commands should be:

1) reboot your device

2) login to the services (Music, TV, Podcasts, Books)

3) login to iCloud via system-settings > Apple ID

3a) Re-enable your account in Mail and Calendar via settings: ⌘, > accounts

Nov 9, 2019 3:00 AM in response to Tom-Bola

Solution 2 worked for me too, although I had to restart after issuing the Terminal commands. Thank you so much Tom-Bola for posting this. I really did not want to go through the **** of creating a new user account and transferring all my data.

I'd also add that this solved an issue with My Photo Stream not updating on my Mac, while staying updated on my iPhone and Apple TV.

Thanks again!

HD

Nov 10, 2019 10:07 AM in response to Tom-Bola

Solution 2 does not work for me, however, if I log in to the iTunes Store with a different account, that of my wife who has Apple Music and Apple TV subscription too, it works perfectly for me. And on my wife's MacBook Air, I put mine on it and it works too.

The problem is that it does not work using the same account as the Apple Store and iCloud. I am waiting for Apple to solve it.

Nov 11, 2019 7:14 AM in response to DrMSR93

Same fresh install to Catalina, all works apart from sign in to new music app + TV+

tried all the usual then did this as per what other have been told by Apple to do.

Just remember closed all apple with apple + Q re-boot at end

Fix below

Open terminal type sudo -v

Password: (same as your Mac admin account password)

your now in as root and issue these commands

killall -9 accounssd com.apple.iCloudHelper

defaults delete MobileMeAccounts

rm -rf ~/Library/Accounts

killall -9 accounssd com.apple.iCloudHelper

reboot Mac straightaway

sign in music account in app and rinse and repeat in Apple TV app and all + contents + purchases will work.

What a relief !

Nov 15, 2019 8:28 AM in response to Tom-Bola

After switching to Bash instead of ZSH solution 2 worked for me. Before typing these commands you need to check if the default interactive shell is ZSH instead of Bash. The commands in the above window are Bash.

You need to type the command "exec bash" (without quotation marks) in the Terminal, after that the above Solution 2 commands work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.