Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.2 push notifications not working

Ever since I updated to iOS 13.2 a week ago, my Instagram has not been sending me push notifications on my phone, but I continue to receive them on my iPad.

I have reinstalled the app, reinstalled the iOS, reset settings, restored from an old back-up, etc. and nothing at all is solving this issue. I’m at a loss. Does anyone have any advice on this? The notifications just don’t show.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 9:32 AM

11 replies

Nov 2, 2019 1:12 PM in response to alispresso

I have nothing to make a comparison to since I do not use either of those apps. However, how apps deliver notifications is based on the coding in the app, so I would think their support would be the best one to answer. Of course, the fact that you have not gotten any response from Instagram makes me wonder if they are trying to fix something.

UPDATE: I just read this and someone said there was a problem with WhatsApp. iOS 13.2 WHATSAPP push notifications prob… - Apple Community

Nov 2, 2019 10:10 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I’ve been trying to contact Instagram support for a couple of days, but have been unable to get in touch. None of the reviews on the AppStore indicate anyone else facing this problem, which makes me think it’s unique to my device.

iPad is also on OS 13.2. This has been driving me crazy; a probable simple fix seems completely out of my control.

Dec 8, 2019 5:39 AM in response to deezptn

I chatted with apple support via twitter and the only solution they were able to come up with was to delete and reinstall the apps. I did this for 3 of the MANY apps I rely on for push notifications and it did resolve the issue. It has been a couple weeks now and I am receiving notifications for those three non-apple apps without problems. However, the non-apple apps I've not deleted and reinstalled (this would take forever) still will not send push notifications or anything. Personally I think this is a crappy solution for a wide spread problem. Hoping it will be resolved in the next iOS update.

iOS 13.2 push notifications not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.