Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.2 WHATSAPP push notifications problem

Since i upadated my IPHONE 7 to iOS 13.2 i didn’t receive WHATSAPP push notifications. My device receives WHATSAPP message only when i open the app, if i don’t enter into WHATSAPP i don’t receive new messages. I checked all settings and everything is ok. Someone has this problem? How can i solve it?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 4:59 PM

After months of trying, I finally found a way to resolve this glitch. Everything else didn’t work for me previously. Contacted Apple and WhatsApp to no avail. Anyway, try the following:

1. Download WhatsApp Business.
  2. Port your account over to WA Business (click continue after opening the app) without deleting the normal WhatsApp.
  3. Try to get someone to test send a few messages to your number. WA Business should push out the notifications.
  4. Delete your normal WhatsApp and restart your iPhone.
  5. Re-download and reinstall the normal WhatsApp from the App Store. Open the app and allow porting of info to take place.
  6. And there! Notifications should come in as per normal again on your normal WhatsApp!!!
  7. Delete the WA Business app if you have no use for it.

Good luck!!! 🥰🥰🥰

142 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2020 4:59 PM in response to alessio244

After months of trying, I finally found a way to resolve this glitch. Everything else didn’t work for me previously. Contacted Apple and WhatsApp to no avail. Anyway, try the following:

1. Download WhatsApp Business.
  2. Port your account over to WA Business (click continue after opening the app) without deleting the normal WhatsApp.
  3. Try to get someone to test send a few messages to your number. WA Business should push out the notifications.
  4. Delete your normal WhatsApp and restart your iPhone.
  5. Re-download and reinstall the normal WhatsApp from the App Store. Open the app and allow porting of info to take place.
  6. And there! Notifications should come in as per normal again on your normal WhatsApp!!!
  7. Delete the WA Business app if you have no use for it.

Good luck!!! 🥰🥰🥰

May 23, 2020 9:40 AM in response to Veron3218

I feel like I'll jinx it by even posting this, but...I tried this last night (switching to WhatsApp Business and then switching back) and so far, it has actually worked for me. I'm getting push notifications again (for WhatsApp at least -- other apps that have had the issue, like Outlook and Slack, are still not getting them but I don't care as much), and the desktop app is working again without WhatsApp needing to be active on my phone. Thank you!!

I have been trying to back up WhatsApp to the cloud, which is ALSO broken for me (I made another post about that issue over here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251382818), and I'm still not able to do that, so I haven't been able to try deleting and reinstalling WhatsApp because I would lose all my posts. But letting WA Business "hold" my data for a little while was a great workaround.

Jul 3, 2020 5:48 AM in response to leighton600

Hi!

I've replayed to Veron3218's post (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250814508?answerId=252684630022#252684630022)

Just follow the steps and hopefully will help you as well.

It's about WhatsApp Messenger and WhatsApp Business Apps.

And yes, I have iPhone 7 128 GB just for the reference. Now all works fine: push notifications on the phone and on Apple Watch as well as web.whatsapp.

Good luck!

Aug 10, 2020 10:57 AM in response to alessio244

Same problem I was facing with iOS 13.6 and iPhone 7 Plus, here is how I fixed it

• Reset notification settings of Whatsapp app
  • Restart your phone
  • Now all your whatsapp notification will make sound as well as notify, for individual as well as group as calls too.

What I noticed if I make the sound OFF, problem started occurring again, - calls, pings are not coming until I unlock the phone and open WhatsApp app.

Nov 3, 2019 10:54 AM in response to alessio244

I have exactly the same issue,

iPhone 7, updated to iOS 13.2 and now I don't receive push notifications for WhatsApp messages.

Have to open the app to see messages come through.

Additionally I noticed that using WhatsApp in a web browser is also broken. It will work if WhatsApp is open on your phone, but the second the screen turns off and the app moves into the background, the connected with the web browser is lost and you can't use it anymore. This is different to how it previously operated.

I have heard reports of iOS13 closing background apps much more quickly than previously, perhaps this is an extreme case.

Nov 5, 2019 6:56 AM in response to alessio244

Thank you Alessio,

I'm hesitant to do that because I don't want to lose any of my conversation history and photos etc.

I realise I can make a backup but previous attempts to do so have failed (simply taken too long)

But I fear I may have no other choice but to delete the app and re-install, as every other thing I've tried so far has not worked.

Thanks for the advice.

Nov 9, 2019 8:05 PM in response to L7S

It’s not. I have the same issue and thought originally that it was a WhatsApp issue and deleted and reinstalled. It didn’t solve the problem. But I am also not receiving Instagram, Facebook, or Snapchat notifications. I’ve reset my network settings and reset all my settings. It was inconvenient because I had to fix all the location settings and Redo my faceid again. But after all this, I am still having issues.

Dec 28, 2019 3:00 PM in response to fabiotm

Using an iPhone 7 as well, I have updated to the latest iOS 13.3, updated my WhatsApp to the latest, still not working.

Messages only come in when I open the app. Have tried all methods and checked through all my notifications, restarted my phone as well.

Nothing seems to work at the moment. Additionally, my telegram is not working as well.

iOS 13.2 WHATSAPP push notifications problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.