Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp does not notify new message. (iphone) Only when app opens.

Dear Apple,

My phone has not been getting new notifications from Whatsapp in a month, now I have already seen several questions but not the final answer for iPhone.

Some day I will only receive my messages when I open my Whatsapp. And if I have just closed my Whatsapp, I still receive messages from 2 friends, but not everyone else.

Really have no idea what to do.

And when I register on Web Whatsapp, I do not receive the notifications and when I am on the page I do not see any new messages that have been sent. Then I first have to open Whatsapp on my phone and then I receive messages on the PC and the phone. Super annoying!

Now my question is, is this a more common problem? And how can this be solved?

Have already tried everything;

- notifications on

- Background refresh on

- whatsapp updated

- new IOS does not help

Please help?

Greetings Steffen

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 3:04 AM

If you don't see notifications for a specific app

To get notifications, connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If you still don't get notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Make sure that the app supports notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and make sure that Allow Notifications is on.
  2. If you have notifications turned on for an app but you're not receiving alerts, you might not have Banners selected. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, then select Banners.
  3. Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID
  4. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is off
  5. If you’ve recently installed an app or restored from a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2020 3:04 AM in response to Earthway

If you don't see notifications for a specific app

To get notifications, connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If you still don't get notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Make sure that the app supports notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and make sure that Allow Notifications is on.
  2. If you have notifications turned on for an app but you're not receiving alerts, you might not have Banners selected. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, then select Banners.
  3. Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID
  4. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is off
  5. If you’ve recently installed an app or restored from a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.

Jul 8, 2020 3:03 AM in response to Earthway

Apple Support Community Forum

This is Apple Support Community forum, for user to user interaction for information & idea sharing between users, if need be, extend support on technical knowhow in handling Apple products from more experienced fellow user, This is not the right forum to discuss with Apple Inc.

For these questions, you may Contact Apple Inc or your local Authorised Apple vendor directly. 

Whatsapp does not notify new message. (iphone) Only when app opens.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.