Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No "Resume Option on Apple TV app iOS

Any one else having the issue of having to restart and then scrub to where you left off when watching Apple TV + content? There is never a "resume" option. Also no matter what episode I am on it also shows the button"play first episode"

Please help as I hate having to figure out where I left off...

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 3:16 PM

I think I fixed it!!! Go to Settings>TV>turn on Use Play History. After that was turned on I signed out if iTunes and disabled all wifi and cellular service and cut back on and re signed in. after that all shows have been synced up!

4 replies

Nov 28, 2019 12:27 PM in response to robryan2219

I think I figured it out.

So the issue is that when using Apple TV device, it does not remember that you partially watched a show, so it never offers you a resume function and each time you go back to watch the show from where you left off, you are presented to start that episode from beginning.

For me the solution was to sign into the iPhone Apple TV app. The setting that "melodyfromvic" is talking about is in iPhone settings (not in Apple TV settings)

I double checked that in Settings>TV>turn on Use Play History was on and now in my Apple TV device, I get the resume option.

Apple should have done better testing before releasing this software.

No "Resume Option on Apple TV app iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.