Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No resume on AppleTV

How do I get AppleTV to resume where I left off viewing?

Posted on May 25, 2022 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 9:35 AM

This is NOT what is happening. Next up does NOT resume if I pause, it always forces me to begin the partially watched episode.

Additionally, there is NO continue watching selection area.

6 replies

May 25, 2022 10:04 AM in response to discussions_

On what device is this happening?

Verify that you are signed in with the Apple ID account that has the subscription or purchase, as watch progress should be saved online as an account property.

Paused content should be reflected as partially watched in the Up Next queue row in the Watch Now tab. It would show similarly in the Details page of a movie or series. Continuing from there should resume from where you paused it.

Verify that Use Viewing History (or Use Play History) isn’t deactivated for your account on any of your devices.

If it is not working for you as it should, then try toggling the setting for Use Viewing History off and then on again. Or use the Clear Play History option, if that is on your device.

If the issue persists, then contact Apple Support.

No resume on AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.