Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting AppleTV to resume a video

I came here after following the thread at the link I've provided. I tried all of the steps recommended and even tried reinstalling the AppleTV app on my tv but nothing worked. What worked for me was highlighting the "up next" option at the start of the video, just to the right of the "info" option below the timeline. Then I stopped the video and exited AppleTV. After returning to the video in AppleTV, the video thumbnail showed a the video with a "continue" option.

If this is the required procedure, I don't know why Apple support didn't say that in the link I've provided.

If this is a step that isn't necessary, I hope Apple support will respond to this.

Edit: The link I added isn't showing up in my post but I don't know why.

BRAVIA4KUR3

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 9:43 PM

Yes you can add to up next but it will usually do this on its own and once you click play there’s an option to start from beginning or resume where you left off. Watch Now in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Getting AppleTV to resume a video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.