Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari maverick os x 10.9.5 not able to go through pages

Hi you all,

This is a bit complicated..safari when I got to a website (secure) to jump from one link to another worked to a certain point then it stops, I cannot go any further.

as an example going to this community when I get to sign in it won't let me. so here I got firefox and can do it from here.

or to an other website : got to the site then click where i want to go on it a little circle appears = downloading and it never download.

My Mac is not overloaded so may be someone knows? would appreciate any ideas. Thank you

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 5:14 AM

Hi Eric

well just could not save anything in time capsule plus cannot understand what that airport stuff is

I copied on a DVD what I needed to keep, then I went for it (no guts no glory) and got High sierra it worked like a charm did not loose anything.

a bit confusing at 1st with documents not listed in the finder list and "all my files" named "recent"

the only thing there was an upgrade for iTunes which took 3 h it slows turning the PC on at first I rarely use I tune not sure if i can get rid of it or delete a few things to clear some space.

Thought I'll keep you up to date ha ha ! anyway have a great day and Thank you a bunch for your guidance

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2019 5:14 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric

well just could not save anything in time capsule plus cannot understand what that airport stuff is

I copied on a DVD what I needed to keep, then I went for it (no guts no glory) and got High sierra it worked like a charm did not loose anything.

a bit confusing at 1st with documents not listed in the finder list and "all my files" named "recent"

the only thing there was an upgrade for iTunes which took 3 h it slows turning the PC on at first I rarely use I tune not sure if i can get rid of it or delete a few things to clear some space.

Thought I'll keep you up to date ha ha ! anyway have a great day and Thank you a bunch for your guidance

Nov 3, 2019 8:35 AM in response to parrot

Mavericks version of Safari is fairly old and may be having problems with modern Internet standards.

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Dec 1, 2019 7:41 AM in response to parrot

You can upgrade without a backup, but it is better to have a backup in case of an oops.

Try resetting the Time Capsule.

Airport Base Station or Time Capsule Reset

Start with B1 in the 1st linked article.

Time Machine Troubleshooting                  second source     Time Machine Troubleshooting

Time Machine Troubleshooting Problems

You can also backup using a clone.

Clone  - Carbon Copy Cloner          (Often recommended as it has more features than some others)

Clone – Data Backup

Clone – Deja Vu 

Clone  - SuperDuper

Check to make sure your applications are compatible.        

macOS Sierra 10.12: Compatible Apps

Also check to make sure there is a compatible driver for your printer.

Dec 1, 2019 7:11 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric

its been a while ha ha after all I think I need to update, I believe it would be high sierra

as I read I would need to do a back up with time machine which I never did

time capsule in set up cannot find (no configured airport base stations have been found ) my luck !

can I get high sierra without it and be able to keep bookmark iphoto and just 4 small apps or lose them wish me luck

safari maverick os x 10.9.5 not able to go through pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.