Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do my macbook pro speakers buzz? it sounds like their maxing out and buzzing

There is a buzzing coming from my speakers. It sounds like the speakers are getting blown out. It is in both sides. I have tried the Left/Right adjustments in settings to test both sides and it is equal. It happens on full volume but also near or above half volume. Any reasonably loud thing. And it isn't just one audio file, it happens in many. Any suggestions on what to reset or try?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 3:33 PM

2 replies

Nov 7, 2019 4:50 PM in response to JekyllandHyde27

Hey JekyllandHyde27,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you're hearing an unexpected buzz from the internal speakers of your Mac. I definitely want to make sure you're able to get the best audio from your Mac, and I'm happy to help.

To start, I recommend using the resource below to reset the PRAM/NVRAM and then testing the behavior continues after this.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If this behavior continues, I would like to get a bit more information so we can continue working toward a resolution. Would you mind answering the following?

I know you mentioned this happens with multiple audio files, are these all being listened to within the same app? If so, are you hearing this buzzing within other apps as well?

If you connect headphones, does this buzzing continue?

Thanks again, and have a great day!

why do my macbook pro speakers buzz? it sounds like their maxing out and buzzing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.