Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs randomly missing from the albums on Apple TV.

After upgrade to Catalina I regenerated my Tunes Library in the new Music App. I turned on Home Sharing on my mac and on my Apple TV. However, on Apple TV I have songs randomly missing from the albums, both from the purchased and imported albums (all songs are present and accessible/playable on my iMac). What is going on? Has anybody found a workaround or fix for this problem?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 10:57 AM

Thanks for your reply! I have contacted Apple Support directly and they helped me to resolve the problem. It turned out that all I had to do was to update tvOS on my Apple TV to the latest version (13.3) restart all devices turn on/off home sharing and everything went back to normal. I can share my entire Music/TV/Movies libraries with all my Apple TVs. Thanks!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2019 10:57 AM in response to rose_10

Thanks for your reply! I have contacted Apple Support directly and they helped me to resolve the problem. It turned out that all I had to do was to update tvOS on my Apple TV to the latest version (13.3) restart all devices turn on/off home sharing and everything went back to normal. I can share my entire Music/TV/Movies libraries with all my Apple TVs. Thanks!

Nov 8, 2019 6:21 AM in response to souda64

Hello souda64, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I see from your message that your Music Library is missing some songs, both purchased through iTunes Store and imported from CD. 

The steps to configure your Mac for Home Sharing have changed with macOS Catalina. Begin by verifying how Home Sharing is set up on your iMac. This article will show you the steps to take: Stream content with Home Sharing on Apple TV

You'll also find the steps to take to use Home Sharing on your Apple TV here: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices.

Cheers!

Songs randomly missing from the albums on Apple TV.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.