Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Car Play audio stutters and phone calls interrupting

Can't tell if this is a Mini Cooper issue or an iOS issue, but I have updated iPhone 11 to latest (13.2) and I can't get through one single song without stutters and audio drops. Phone calls now seem to regularly drop from the CarPlay screen such that the call is still on the phone handset, but the audio is no longer coming through car speakers. If I wake the phone, CarPlay eventually resumes the call but this intermittent behavior is remarkably frustrating and a safety hazard.

Anyone seeing this? BMW Mini seems lost about it, I'm hoping Apple can fix this?

In the meantime, if you have an iPhone 11, DO NOT bother with the Wireless Car Play offered by BMW/Mini. It is hot garbage right now. Ugh.

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 10:53 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 8, 2019 4:09 PM in response to danielfromwestmount

Hi there, danielfromwestmount.

I see that you're having some problems when you connect your iPhone 11 on iOS 13.2 with Mini Connect in your Mini Cooper. Music skips and stutters along with calls are dropping, and I'm glad to help.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car -- Your iPhone and your vehicle may be connected, but it appears that they're not connecting correctly. This article provides the information and steps that you need to use your vehicle's Bluetooth connection with your iPhone. Scroll down to "If you connect using Bluetooth" for the steps.

CONNECT YOUR DEVICES. -- This is the information offered by MiniUSA.

Take care.

Nov 13, 2019 2:59 AM in response to danielfromwestmount

The iPhone 11 Pro does not seem to be compatible with wireless CarPlay. I also have a MINI - CarPlay works fine with iPhone X running the same iOS (13.2.2); with the iPhone 11 Pro it doesn’t. This problem seems to be hardware related and widespread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250676863?answerId=251609646022 So far Apple have not formally acknowledged the issue. The car manufacturers need to push Apple to work with them to fix this or stop offering CarPlay.

Nov 8, 2019 5:24 PM in response to cp from OH

Thank you very much for the reply! Yes, I've read all that information and tried it many times. I have updated to latest Mini software and I still have problems. After being on the phone for 1 minute, Mini CarPlay cuts out, returns to the main Mini menu screen, and then comes back in with the call still connected. It alternates like this on and off with audio routing between CarPlay and iPhone every minute or so. I am happy to provide more information or contact someone on another channel if it helps anyone debug what's going on.

Wireless Car Play audio stutters and phone calls interrupting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.