Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple CarPlay not working correctly for phone calls

Apple CarPlay has been working perfectly on my Kenwood Head Unit for everything except for phone calls. Caller can hear me talking but I can not hear caller talking. The unit was working perfectly until apple done their latest software update (iPhone 13 Pro Max). I have taken my car to our local Frankies Auto where the unit was purchased and they have said that Apple needs to do another software update to correct this issue as everything on my side is set up correctly. Is this the best place to contact Apple regarding this?

Thanks

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 8:19 PM

19JC81 Said:

"Apple CarPlay not working correctly for phone calls: [...] The unit was working perfectly until apple done their latest software update (iPhone 13 Pro Max). [...]they have said that Apple needs to do another software update to correct this issue as everything on my side is set up correctly. Is this the best place to contact Apple regarding this?"

-------

Troubleshooting CarPlay and iPhone:

What to Try:

A. Pair in Park:

Try unpairing the phone. Then, pair it back. Perform this while in while in park.

B. View the Owner's Manual:

See what the Owner's Manual of your car says when you read it.

C. Some Links:

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2022 8:19 PM in response to 19JC81

19JC81 Said:

"Apple CarPlay not working correctly for phone calls: [...] The unit was working perfectly until apple done their latest software update (iPhone 13 Pro Max). [...]they have said that Apple needs to do another software update to correct this issue as everything on my side is set up correctly. Is this the best place to contact Apple regarding this?"

-------

Troubleshooting CarPlay and iPhone:

What to Try:

A. Pair in Park:

Try unpairing the phone. Then, pair it back. Perform this while in while in park.

B. View the Owner's Manual:

See what the Owner's Manual of your car says when you read it.

C. Some Links:

Apr 10, 2022 8:19 PM in response to 19JC81

19JC81 Said:

-------

Troubleshooting CarPlay and Updates:

I. Troubleshooting Updates:

It may be an issue with the update. I have not had this issue. So, refer to the following...

A. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Report this to Apple. Having just recently updated your iOS, and have didn't see this issue before on your iPhone, then I would assume the update was not completely installed. Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback Applereceives on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in upcoming updates.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL to this post: Adding a period after a sentence - Apple Community
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

and...

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did you create a backup, prior to installing this update? If so, restore from it. If not, then take this as a learning experience knowing to always backup your iPhone. That way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go working with the install.

II. Should you Contact Apple?:

Yes. Contact Apple Support for more on this.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Apple CarPlay not working correctly for phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.