Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay defaults to Phone Call

Whenever I connect my iPhone 12 ProMax to wired Car Play, I get no audio from the car or iPhone. When I try to adjust the volume, the car’s display says “adjusting phone volume” even though no phone call is active. So apparently CarPlay thinks that there is an active call even though there is none. I have to restart the iPhone while connected to CarPlay; then it works as expected. But the next time I reconnect to CarPlay, the same thing happens. I have to restart the phone every time. It worked fine until yesterday, when this started happening.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 3:03 AM

Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. ... Then set up CarPlay again. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2021 3:03 AM in response to Dudley Doright

Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. ... Then set up CarPlay again. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

CarPlay defaults to Phone Call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.