Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only Top part replacement

What will be the cost to replace my Macbook's top case? To be clear just the head, just because it some dents and scratches.

See the image for reference. I only want to replace the front part which is facing you in the picture.

Kindly help!

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 6:54 PM

The price varies by model & region, but it usually is not cheap. Take the laptop to Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider for an estimate.

Personally if it is just cosmetic, then I wouldn't bother replacing it. If the dents affect opening or closing the display, then that is a different matter although I have been successful in carefully adjusting the corners. However, extreme care must be used or the LCD and glass could break. This procedure could also add some more marks to the corner. It takes practice. Most techs probably would never attempt it.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2019 6:54 PM in response to Firose_jerry

The price varies by model & region, but it usually is not cheap. Take the laptop to Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider for an estimate.

Personally if it is just cosmetic, then I wouldn't bother replacing it. If the dents affect opening or closing the display, then that is a different matter although I have been successful in carefully adjusting the corners. However, extreme care must be used or the LCD and glass could break. This procedure could also add some more marks to the corner. It takes practice. Most techs probably would never attempt it.

Only Top part replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.