Refurbished M2 MacBook Air Has a Damaged Bottom Plate out of the box...What do I do?

just received my refurbished MacBook Air(official purchase from apples website)and it seems like the bottom case doesn't fit properly. there's a small lip that you can see and feel all the way around so its not completely flush. I checked the screws and even popped off the case myself(correctly and with the proper tools) to try and re-seat it with no luck. cosmetic stuff doesn't really bother me so this isn't the end of the world but if there is a way I could get it fixed/swapped out in a timely fashion I might as well. in a nutshell my question is do refurbished apple products typically come with small cosmetic issues? and if not can I expect a free repair/replacement for this?

also, do refurbish products only get 6 months of warranty instead of a year? I just noticed I only have 6 months as opposed to the 1 year I have on my iPhone 12 and m1 MacBook Pro

thanks everyone!

MacBook Air, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 7:02 PM

2 replies

Apr 13, 2023 7:50 PM in response to Community User

buffalo bills Said:

"Refurbished M2 MacBook Air Has a Damaged Bottom Plate out of the box...What do I do?: just received my refurbished MacBook Air(official purchase from apples website)and it seems like the bottom case doesn't fit properly. there's a small lip that you can see and feel all the way around so its not completely flush.[...]"

-------

Screenshare to Prove Something:

Based on what you mentioned, this is something you need to show to Apple Support. You need to show them what has occurred. Screenshare your iSight camera to show this to them. In doing so, they will see this firsthand, from your perspective.

So, Perform my Two User Tips:

Apr 13, 2023 7:41 PM in response to Community User

You need to contact Apple and talk with them about the problem. As for Apple's refurbished warranty's goes its generally one year from date of purchase unless specified otherwise. FWIW the refurbished Mac I bought few years back was indistinguishable from new.

There's a Support link at the bottom of this page for you to contact them. Have your receipt ready should they ask.

Refurbished M2 MacBook Air Has a Damaged Bottom Plate out of the box...What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.