Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers Personal Budget template

I can't figure out how to change the categories in both tabs (budget and transactions). I customized the spread sheet with my budget categories, but then when I go to the transactions tab to add my transactions, it only has the generic categories. How do I change them so that my transactions end up on the table? I’m using the latest version of Numbers.

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 7:56 AM

These categories? Select a cell containing the pop up menu. I suggest selecting all of them so you can edit all at once, though you can also edit one and then auto fill to the rest of the column.

Then tap on the paintbrush, then the format tab.

Select Pop Up to customize it. It seems the budget sheet references the categories from this list, so editing this should do it.

EDIT: Upon testing I concluded that the budget sheet does not reference this list directly. Changing these categories will not automatically change the list on the budget sheet. However, if you manually change those categories to the same ones you set the Pop up List too, then any transactions you record will appear on the budget. Just make sure your spelling is exact. Must be consistent between sheets.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2019 7:56 AM in response to huba161

These categories? Select a cell containing the pop up menu. I suggest selecting all of them so you can edit all at once, though you can also edit one and then auto fill to the rest of the column.

Then tap on the paintbrush, then the format tab.

Select Pop Up to customize it. It seems the budget sheet references the categories from this list, so editing this should do it.

EDIT: Upon testing I concluded that the budget sheet does not reference this list directly. Changing these categories will not automatically change the list on the budget sheet. However, if you manually change those categories to the same ones you set the Pop up List too, then any transactions you record will appear on the budget. Just make sure your spelling is exact. Must be consistent between sheets.

Numbers Personal Budget template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.