Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air Doubletyping Entire ntire Words/Bits of Words

Hi ali all! I am intentionally not going to fix any of those typing errors but I will bold them so you can see my exact issue. This isn't that old "mac double types keys" issue; instead, entire sections of words are being double-typed as I type, and will just insert themselves into words wherever I go. Someometimes it's worse than others or happens more frequently, but it has been going on for about a week now and I'm 'm losing my mind. I've done basic things like software updates, restarting, messing with keyboard settings, etc. It's almost like my Mac is autocompleting at a delay. If therf there's anything I can do to fix this without going in person, I'd be so happy.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 6:54 AM

Hello maio123maio,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that some letters are typing unexpectedly on your MacBook Air. I also see that restarting, updating, and reviewing your keyboard settings hasn’t resolved the issue, and I have a few more steps in mind that may help.

First, I suggest resetting the NVRAM:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Next, try booting into safe mode or into a new user account to see if the issue persists: 

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

From there, consider whether there has been physical damage to the device. Additionally, check to see if cleaning the keyboard helps:

How to clean your Apple products

I hope this information is useful. Kind regards. 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2019 6:54 AM in response to maio123maio

Hello maio123maio,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that some letters are typing unexpectedly on your MacBook Air. I also see that restarting, updating, and reviewing your keyboard settings hasn’t resolved the issue, and I have a few more steps in mind that may help.

First, I suggest resetting the NVRAM:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Next, try booting into safe mode or into a new user account to see if the issue persists: 

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

From there, consider whether there has been physical damage to the device. Additionally, check to see if cleaning the keyboard helps:

How to clean your Apple products

I hope this information is useful. Kind regards. 

Macbook Air Doubletyping Entire ntire Words/Bits of Words

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.