Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Laptop repeating a section of past typing everytime I hit command-T

This is driving me absolutely crazy. I clearly have accidentally gotten into some "automator" like function. Like it says, every time I hit command-t, in any application, it retypes the same couple sentences.

• They are they same every time.
  • They are being "retyped" - the characters appear one at a time, and, if I change application, they continue to be typed in the new application, and if I hit CAPS, they continue to be typed - but in CAPS.
  • I have rebooted and restarted every application, and if I hit command-T, same annoying set of typing happens

Its like a little demon traps the command-t, regardless of application, and has some typing (of mine) in a little buffer, and it takes over my keyboard and retypes all of that.

Automator has nothing. The developer tools in chrome has nothing in the little function that allows you to record actions.

It's enormously irritating when I am trying to use chrome - I use a LOT of new tabs, and this is driving me silly.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 4:45 PM

Check Keyboard Preferences / Settings for anything that could be a contributing factor:Use macOS keyboard shortcuts - Apple Support. If in doubt, use the Restore Defaults button where applicable.

Similar questions

1 reply

Mac Laptop repeating a section of past typing everytime I hit command-T

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.