Browser bar typing issue Ventura 13.5.2

In trying to type in the word "scooter" in my browser bar on Safari -- keying the letter "o". (small caps) after the letters "sc.." the bar erases what I've typed. This occurs on my MacBook Pro (14 in - 2021) keyboard as well as a separate keyboard. This does not happen in the body of notes, emails, etc... nor in Chrome's browser window or any Google search bar... so it sounds like a software issue. Only started happening today (09.21)

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 2:09 PM

JFA54 wrote:

In trying to type in the word "scooter" in my browser bar on Safari -- keying the letter "o". (small caps) after the letters "sc.." the bar erases what I've typed. This occurs on my MacBook Pro (14 in - 2021) keyboard as well as a separate keyboard. This does not happen in the body of notes, emails, etc... nor in Chrome's browser window or any Google search bar... so it sounds like a software issue. Only started happening today (09.21)

Try a different browser and compare your results..

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.6

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2023 2:09 PM in response to JFA54

JFA54 wrote:

Try a different browser and compare your results..

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.