strange editing mode appears when trying to type in questionnaire on Safari 16.6 on MacBook Air

strange editing mode appears when trying to type in questionnaire on Safari 16.6 on MacBook Air. Keyboard works strange can't use spacebar key and an outline appears. Can't firure a way out of this mode

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 7:37 AM

bertmarshall wrote:

can't use spacebar key and an outline appears. Can't firure a way out of this mode

This often means you have Full Keyboard Access turned on by mistake. Go to your Accessibility settings and make sure it is turned OFF.

When Keys Don't Behave Correctly - Apple Community

Similar questions

8 replies

Sep 8, 2023 12:59 PM in response to John Galt

Thank you! I did consider this and might be the problem. What I see appears somewhat intermittent/random. I seldom use this Apple website. But It happens on higher end websites such as NYTimes and even on a Docusign doc I was trying to fill out. So I'm stuck thinking it is some weird hack/virus that I have not heard of. When I can't fill out a form, I eventually give up and try and come back later, and then it might work. Closing and opening Safari does not seem to help. I have not tried with other browsers yet, but that next...when I have time.

strange editing mode appears when trying to type in questionnaire on Safari 16.6 on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.