Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone XS was stolen in NYC this last weekend!

Stolen iPhone while in NY this past weekend. I turned on Lost Mode in find iPhone app and applied contact info should someone turn in/on. I went thru AT&T insurance to receive replacement device. When we went to restore it wasn’t capturing latest backup so the rep told me to forget the old device. When I did that I received an email that now the Find my iPhone was disabled on previous phone and could be erase, reactivated and used by someone else. All I am concerned about is the information that was stored on my old iPhone. I had 6 digit code and face lock on this device. Is my info secure, at this point they can have the old phone but I don’t want my data being accessible by whoever may have now. Please help!

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 9:19 PM

All I am concerned about is the information that was stored on my old iPhone. I had 6 digit code and face lock on this device. Is my info secure, at this point they can have the old phone but I don’t want my data being accessible by whoever may have now. Please help!

Your strong passcode protected the data on the device. To remove it, the current holder must erase the device.

Your data is safe, but removing it from your account allows the current holder to activate the device again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2019 9:19 PM in response to Rachelmegan1003

All I am concerned about is the information that was stored on my old iPhone. I had 6 digit code and face lock on this device. Is my info secure, at this point they can have the old phone but I don’t want my data being accessible by whoever may have now. Please help!

Your strong passcode protected the data on the device. To remove it, the current holder must erase the device.

Your data is safe, but removing it from your account allows the current holder to activate the device again.

My iPhone XS was stolen in NYC this last weekend!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.