Stolen iPhone

Hello Apple so today i sent my cousin to take my old phone to my sister in other city and as soon as he arrived he forgot the phone in a public place and got stolen, now I need help to reactivate Find my I Phone in this device It turns off after I format

The phone details are:

iPhone 6s

iOS 15.7.8

F4***RYD

[Edited by Moderator] 

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 12:31 PM

This support article has a list of things to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen. --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

- The Find My service described in the article is the only recovery feature Apple offers. It must be set up before the device is lost.

In fact if you had properly set up the phone for your sister to start using there may be absolutely nothing preventing the finder from making it their phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2023 12:31 PM in response to AliHussainM

This support article has a list of things to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen. --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

- The Find My service described in the article is the only recovery feature Apple offers. It must be set up before the device is lost.

In fact if you had properly set up the phone for your sister to start using there may be absolutely nothing preventing the finder from making it their phone.

Stolen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.