Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is downloading a Mojave installer NOT through App Store or Software Update possible?

Hello everyone,

I need a bootable USB thumb drive in order to do a clean reinstall. I will stick with Mojave for now.

Our internet conntection keeps cutting out at the moment. This interrupts the download. Unfortunately, Software Update does not pause the download and does not seem to keep unfinished downloads.

I could download the updater (macOSUpd10.14.6.dmg) a while back, pausing the download whenever our connection dropped. It was a bit annoying but nothing compared to downloading 75% of a 6gb file and loosing everything whenever the internet cuts out...

Can I download MacOS 10.14.6 from another trustworthy source, and not from within the App Store or Software Update?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 1:25 AM

It can only be downloaded from the App Store, try the link, Upgrade to macOS Mojave - Official Apple Support

If you are using WiFi to download, try connecting your Mac to your router via a cabled connection for better

speed and more robust connection. Do not use the Mac whilst downloading, and if other devices share the same internet

connection, restrict their use while Mojave is being downloaded.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2019 1:25 AM in response to donkeyshot

It can only be downloaded from the App Store, try the link, Upgrade to macOS Mojave - Official Apple Support

If you are using WiFi to download, try connecting your Mac to your router via a cabled connection for better

speed and more robust connection. Do not use the Mac whilst downloading, and if other devices share the same internet

connection, restrict their use while Mojave is being downloaded.

Is downloading a Mojave installer NOT through App Store or Software Update possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.