Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fullscreen video in Safari on Catalina

Hello!

I have a problem with a fullscreen mode of video in Safari. When I pushing the button of fullscreen on player or pushing key "F", video goes on the other screen, and in the main Safari window opens a search bar like on photo. Every time when I want to watch a video in fullscreen mode. And any button on the video screen doesn't work when address bar is open.

I don't know what the problem. Mac has updated a few days ago on the latest versions of software.

In previous versions of Mac OS I have not this problem.

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 3:28 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 6, 2019 7:20 PM in response to Jaichnica

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Nov 7, 2019 11:38 AM in response to Jaichnica

Most posters recommend not using cleaning programs. They can destroy normal computer operations. I suggest you uninstall CleanMyMac 4 using the Developer's uninstall instructions.

Try going to System Preferences/Users & Groups and remove all your login items. Restart the computer, do not open any other programs except for Safari, and test.

Fullscreen video in Safari on Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.