Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Download Numbers & Pages for MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) ?

I just completely erased my disk and reinstalled MacOS High Sierra.

Unfortunately when I went to the App Store to reinstall Pages & Numbers for productivity

it only has the latest version for MacOS 10.14

I also went to https://support.apple.com/en_US/downloads/productivitysoftware

but I couldn't find a good version.

Note: I also did a search in this community and others...and a general google search on the internet;

but I couldn't find a reasonable version / site.

Can anyone point out a place where I can download

the latest Pages & Numbers Apps for my MACOS 10.13?

Thanx...Mark

p.s. I don't want to update the OS at this time due to lack of other applications

(e.g. No Fidelity Active Trader Pro version)

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 12:55 PM

FOUND it......

After searching the internet and chatting with Apple tech support

they "finally" suggested looking at my App Store purchase history <---

The past Pages and Numbers downloads were there with an INSTALL button at the right edge.

When I tried to install it said a newer version was on the App Store, but I could install the "older" version...

which I did.......

I now have the versions I need for 10.13.6 up and working......

I wish the Apple tech support and/or the Apple community were cognizant of this solution.

thanx...Mark

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2019 12:55 PM in response to bart125

FOUND it......

After searching the internet and chatting with Apple tech support

they "finally" suggested looking at my App Store purchase history <---

The past Pages and Numbers downloads were there with an INSTALL button at the right edge.

When I tried to install it said a newer version was on the App Store, but I could install the "older" version...

which I did.......

I now have the versions I need for 10.13.6 up and working......

I wish the Apple tech support and/or the Apple community were cognizant of this solution.

thanx...Mark

Nov 7, 2019 1:05 AM in response to bart125

There are no downloads for older versions.

Current versions of those apps require Mojave.

Older software is getting harder to access; both apps and macOS installers.

Staying on older versions is still possible, but means backups and local archives of any necessary kits.

With no backups and no kits, you’re largely left to install a more current version.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later have been warning about 32-bit apps, so Fidelity should not have been surprised.

Nov 7, 2019 10:20 AM in response to MrHoffman

This is annoying......I've been very happy with my 27" mid-2011 Apple IMAC

(just wanted to reinstall everything to get the usual speed boost and eliminate malware)

BUT... to install Pages / Numbers from App Store I need to upgrade to MacOS 10.14

AND... Apple says that my computer is too old to upgrade to 10.14....

seems like I have to scour the internet for an older Pages / Numbers installer....

any suggestions / locations anyone knows of???

...mark

p.s. seems like I was mistaken about the Fidelity message.....

they were saying they couldn't support MacOS Catalina yet

Nov 7, 2019 11:26 AM in response to bart125

I'd look to fetch the apps out of the system backups, where those are available. Time Machine and the disk-cloning backups using Carbon Copy Cloner and similar tools will normally include the contents of the Applications folder. Restore the iWork apps from there.

Downloads of Apple apps from non-Apple sites are not something I'd encourage. That can be malware, too. Not all is as was claimed.

The Mac malware around is mostly self-installed. Pop-ups, advertised stuff, cleaners, stuff we didn't go looking for. That, and phishing, with messages and adverts and pop-ups leading to fake login sites seeking to gain credentials. FWIW.

Some third-party security add-ons such as anti-malware apps can cause performance degradation.

A failing hard disk drive can cause performance degradation.

~Eight years is a pretty good run for an x86-based computer.

Nov 7, 2019 1:31 PM in response to bart125

I wish that Apple users were actually protective of their own data, and weren't commonly appearing here to get the sad news that all of what they've built, accumulated, stored, and acquired is... gone. That happens far too often around here unfortunately, and it's draining.

Configure and run Time Machine or some other backup. Yesterday. If not sooner.

Manually restoring a backup—even with what you've backed up—is a mess.

iCloud is not a macOS backup solution. iCloud can store some files, but it's a partial recovery at best, and a hassle.

How to Download Numbers & Pages for MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.