Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot receive Group Messages involving Android

MMS & Group are both selected "on" in settings.

Group messages do not come through when an Android is in the group. We are all on the same Verizon plan and all other family members receive the group text except my iphone 8 (the other iphone 5 and iphone 10 and Android all receive the group text messages).

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 8:57 AM

Hello HandsUp1.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you’re unable to receive MMS and group messages that include an Android phone. Yet, the iPhone 5 and iPhone X that is part of the group can receive the messages. You all are using the same wireless carrier, Verizon. I’m happy to help.

Please try the steps in the sections titled “ Try these steps first” and “If you have issues with a group message” here: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2019 8:57 AM in response to HandsUp1

Hello HandsUp1.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you’re unable to receive MMS and group messages that include an Android phone. Yet, the iPhone 5 and iPhone X that is part of the group can receive the messages. You all are using the same wireless carrier, Verizon. I’m happy to help.

Please try the steps in the sections titled “ Try these steps first” and “If you have issues with a group message” here: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

Cannot receive Group Messages involving Android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.