Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Credit card with Apple TV+

I can watch my subscribed Apple TV+ on my Ipad air 2019, but I can't watch it on my pc (tv.apple.com) because they need to verify my credit card before I watch and I don't have any credit card!

I only have debit card and it says that "Debit cards are not supported for verification". What should I do?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 8:12 PM

This is Ridiculous. I watch Apple TV on my phone, ipad and tv all the time. Then when I want to use my laptop I have to login ok no problem. Then approve via my iphone with a code, ok little much but sure. THEN YOU ASK ME FOR MY CREDIT CARD INFO!!!!! so I need to get out of bed find the card and input the info. WTF are we launching a nuke or watching a show!!!

Ridiculous. Canceling my subscription. CRAZY. Back to Netflix for me.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2020 8:12 PM in response to phatsawat

This is Ridiculous. I watch Apple TV on my phone, ipad and tv all the time. Then when I want to use my laptop I have to login ok no problem. Then approve via my iphone with a code, ok little much but sure. THEN YOU ASK ME FOR MY CREDIT CARD INFO!!!!! so I need to get out of bed find the card and input the info. WTF are we launching a nuke or watching a show!!!

Ridiculous. Canceling my subscription. CRAZY. Back to Netflix for me.

Apr 21, 2020 1:19 PM in response to phatsawat

Same. I have a debit card associated with my Apple account (no PayPal involved) and I don’t own a credit card. Can’t watch therefore in a browser. Feels very much like Apple isn’t really taking TV seriously. Such an all round awful experience signing up and then not actually being able to watch, and limited content to boot. And then just letting threads like this go unanswered for months.

Jan 5, 2020 3:01 PM in response to vazandrew

VAZANDREW.... No. It has nothing to do with my bank. Nothing to do with my credit card.

It's 100% crudy programing from Apple TV+.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7918825

Additionally, after I switch tactics and use the antecedent credit card instead of trying to add a new one, the Apple TV+ window freezes with a blank black screen.

The image of the dumpster fire in https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7918825 is spot on, and that was almost 2 years ago.

Dec 19, 2019 3:45 AM in response to phatsawat

I have a similar problem. I recently gained access to Apple TV+ through that 1-year-free-trial promo and cannot watch it in the web browser as it ask me for CC for verification (which I do not have).

Interestingly enough, if I sign in using my wife's AppleId, as she is the Organizer of our Family Sharing, then no verification is required. If I try using mine - I need to provide CC details.

We do have a valid payment method attached to the Family (which is a debit card!) and I do have an additional debit card attached directly to my AppleID as an additional payment method, but still it does not work.

Looks like some bug on Apple's side to me. Would like to see that resolved.

Credit card with Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.