Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change alert tone for GMail incoming on Iphone11

I am unable to change the notification tone for incoming email on Gmail on my new I-phone 11. Have read several earlier responses that do not work. Others refer to a "sounds" button in the Gmail set-up after turning on "Notifications". This does not seem to exist on my phone"s version of Gmail. The only "sounds" button I have found is for the Apple Mail app. This Apple Mail alert sound does not carry over to the Gmail app. Gmail only has a feeble ping sound. Please do not bother responding unless you have tested your suggestion on your own I-phone.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 9:44 AM

IF you're referring to the gmail app and not the apple mail app, then you need to ask google or look at their support site, this isn't an iphone or Apple issue.

Checking on my phone notification for the gmail app, there is no settings to change the alert only to turn it on.

3 replies

Dec 14, 2019 8:39 AM in response to Christo73

You cannot. I tried and went around all the options on the phone, in the sound settings within the "settings" on the phone, and also in the Gmail app itself.

They used to have the option to do so maybe less than a year ago, then the option is now missing. It used to be inside the Gmail app by pushing the 3 bars on the left, and go to settings and then there was an option for sounds.

Nov 8, 2019 9:47 AM in response to Christo73

There is no option to change the notification sound for the Gmail app. I'm guessing what people are referring to is the fact that you can change the alert sound for mail from your Gmail account that you receive in the Apple Mail app.

Personally, once InBox went away, I switched to an app called Spark. It doesn't give you a choice of notification sounds either but, I like the sound it does make.

Change alert tone for GMail incoming on Iphone11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.