Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Headphones Connectivity problems on MacBook | macOS Catalina 10.15.1

since macOS Catalina 10.15.1 my bluetooth headphones disconnect whether the music is streaming or downloaded. i disconnected the headphones from all devices, so it is just connected to the macbook but alas it still disconnects.

i tried various solutions of which most worked. the best ones was requiring deleting a the "bluetooth" file or resetting the nvram setting. the problem comes in that this file or setting is automatically fixed in the background, so the solution is short-lived.

i never had this problem before until macOS Catalina 10.15.1 so is there a definite fix to this most annoying problem or must i contact apple directly?

if the community can help find a sound solution, it will be sincerely appreciated. thank you kindly.

MacBook

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 4:00 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 13, 2019 8:37 AM in response to Spawn-1401

Hello Spawn-1401,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! I understand your Bluetooth headphones disconnects from your Mac since updating to macOS Catalina. I'm happy to assist you with this.

Sometimes other sources can cause interference with your Bluetooth connection. Check out this article to see how to check for interference:

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

If you have any external devices connected to your Mac, disconnect them. Next, follow the steps in these articles to reset the SMC and NVRAM on your Mac. I'm aware you've reset the NVRAM before but it's important for us to perform these steps in a particular order at this time:

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Test the issue again after performing these steps.

Best Regards.

Dec 3, 2019 1:51 PM in response to i_rina

hello, i_rina.

i trust you are well.

with regards to your first recommendation: i changed the MacBook WiFi signal from 2.5Ghz to 5.0Ghz and so far i have had no issues with my bluetooth headphones dropping.

this change also helped the apple mouse work much better with less interference while the mobile device continue to run on the 2.4GHz setting.

with regards to the SMC and NVRAM or PRAM:

i was too scared to touch the SMC settings, so i left it 'as is'; and the NVRAM or PRAM option does work but again it is a quick fix because the file or setting automatically fixes itself in the background, which takes you back to square one.

thank you again for all your help. it is sincerely appreciated.

until next time, please take care.

Bluetooth Headphones Connectivity problems on MacBook | macOS Catalina 10.15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.