Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Bluetooth since moving to Big Sur

I have AKG Y500 Bluetooth headphones that worked perfectly well with the Catalina OS. Upgraded (I think actually downgraded!) to Big Sur and ever since the headphones crackle if left to connect automatically. The only solution is to 'remove' them using Bluetooth options and then reinstate them when I want to use them again. Thought this was an upgrade but hey ho. Is there any solution to this?

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 2:53 PM

Make sure you are completely up to date with Big Sur 11.6 there have been several bluetooth fixes from earlier Big Sur releases.

Hold Option+Shift and click on the Control Center icon top-right of the menu bar. Then click Bluetooth. There will be an option to Reset the Bluetooth Module, do that and see if it helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2021 2:53 PM in response to MiroE1980

Make sure you are completely up to date with Big Sur 11.6 there have been several bluetooth fixes from earlier Big Sur releases.

Hold Option+Shift and click on the Control Center icon top-right of the menu bar. Then click Bluetooth. There will be an option to Reset the Bluetooth Module, do that and see if it helps.

Oct 14, 2021 1:36 PM in response to LeMarche

Download and run Etrecheck. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

IMPORTANT:

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck in the Etrecheck's Privacy preference pane so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

Also click and read the About info to further permit full disk access.

Copy the report

and use the Additional Text button to include the report in your reply.

Then we can examine the report and see if we can determine what might be causing the problem.

Problems with Bluetooth since moving to Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.