Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone is connected to Bluetooth and I can hear everything play, except Siri

my phone is connected to Bluetooth and I can hear everything play BUT Siri. I noticed that I can only hear it on my phone. But when I clicked the Bluetooth options on the bottom of Siri, then my speaker, it did the same thing. I checked it again and noticed that it changed back to 'iPhone'. what is going on? If you need to know (since I experienced it myself), I used 'Hey Siri'

iOS:13.1.3

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 1:25 PM

Hello Eddie551.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that when your phone is connected to Bluetooth you’re unable to hear Siri. I’m happy to help.

Please try the steps here: If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working - Apple Support

Apple has recently released an iOS update. If you haven’t done so, please use the steps here to update: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2019 1:25 PM in response to Eddie551

Hello Eddie551.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that when your phone is connected to Bluetooth you’re unable to hear Siri. I’m happy to help.

Please try the steps here: If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working - Apple Support

Apple has recently released an iOS update. If you haven’t done so, please use the steps here to update: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

Nov 21, 2019 1:23 PM in response to sterling r

I believe I am having the same issue and the "If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working" page doesn't cover or fix the issue.

The issue seems to stem specifically to "Hey Siri" responses when using a bluetooth device (headphones, car, etc.)

If I use the "Hey Siri" command, Siri responds but ONLY through a text bubble (ie, Hey Siri what time is it?) I cannot actually hear her say this through my bluetooth device.

If I prompt Siri using the Side button it does however work.

The one difference I have compared to this user is that the bottom right button on the Siri speaking page does indicate I am "hearing" through my bluetooth device (even though I am not).

Music and everything else (map directions) still works through my bluetooth device. This is only limited to "Hey Siri" responses.

Nov 21, 2019 2:11 PM in response to LienKire

Just to close this out, it looks like it may be due to my bluetooth devices not being compatible with the newest iPhone 11 Pro.

Headset: Skullcandy Smokin' Buds 2

Car Stereo: 2013 Toyota Yaris

Both of these do not work with the "Hey Siri" function. Siri does not audibly respond but WILL respond through the text bubble. However using a pair of Powerbeats I had laying around, the issue was completely fixed.

Unfortunately it's not so much a fix as a "this is why it doesn't work." Yeah I can fix the headset issue but the car is just a bit more expensive to change.

My phone is connected to Bluetooth and I can hear everything play, except Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.