Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri doesn’t work on Cellular Data

Hello! Siri doesn’t work on Cellular Data. If I reset the network settings, it works for a couple of minutes, then says it’s having trouble with the connection. On WiFi I have no problems whatsoever, and the Cellular Data is working fine as everything else works. I have an iPhone 11 A2221. It used to work just fine since I got the phone for a few weeks and after I updated to iOS 13.2 it just died. I tried restarting the iPhone, disabling and reenabling Siri from Settings, but nothing makes it work on Cellular.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 8:58 PM

So I managed to fix it at last. It was the carrier’s fault. My carrier is Vodafone and they have this thing called SecureNet, a type of firewall. Turns out it started accidentally blocking Siri a couple weeks back or so and after talking to them to disable it, it works. To everyone else who has this issue, I suggest turning off any firewalls and talking to your carrier to make sure you don’t have a similar service. Thank you for the assistance!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2019 8:58 PM in response to raina_b22

So I managed to fix it at last. It was the carrier’s fault. My carrier is Vodafone and they have this thing called SecureNet, a type of firewall. Turns out it started accidentally blocking Siri a couple weeks back or so and after talking to them to disable it, it works. To everyone else who has this issue, I suggest turning off any firewalls and talking to your carrier to make sure you don’t have a similar service. Thank you for the assistance!

Siri doesn’t work on Cellular Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.