Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My home sharing iTunes library won’t stay connected to iMac on same network

I’ve been using the home sharing feature in iTunes for years but recently I’ve come into some trouble trying to keep my iMac connected to my iTunes library in the next room. The iTunes library runs on a PC with a high disk space capacity and has always allowed a consistent connection over WiFi, but the only thing I can think of is my internet provider changed when I moved and no other settings between the two computers happened. When i launch iTunes on the iMac and select the pc for home sharing it connects for about ten seconds and disappears. I’m all up to date with both iTunes apps on pc and iMac. Both desktops are on the same WiFi network; is there anything that might be kicking the pc library off? The main AT&T router is less than 20 feet from both computers but because they are all three in separate room, a wired Ethernet connection is not possible, so I run the pc into a time capsule.

thanks!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

1 reply

My home sharing iTunes library won’t stay connected to iMac on same network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.