Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes home sharing buffering

I'm playing itunes music via home sharing onto a second computer that continually drops out and needs to buffer. I have nothing but word processing running at the same time. All my other devices (iphones, Apple TV etc) play fine from the same network.

Thanks for any help.

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 9:04 AM

Hi moonspinner123,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you are having issues when Home Sharing to your Mac, and I'd like to do what I can to help.

When something is sent over the the air, such as Home Sharing and it buffers, it might be because of bandwidth. Is this something which just started? Are there others using the internet on their devices? If so, ask them to pause their internet activities and see if the issue improves.

Here are some other steps to try: If you can't stream or watch movies or TV shows from the Apple TV app, iTunes Store, or third-party apps

If that doesn't make a difference, which device is the shared library coming from?

Is anyone using that device?

More info on Home Sharing: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2020 9:04 AM in response to moonspinner123

Hi moonspinner123,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you are having issues when Home Sharing to your Mac, and I'd like to do what I can to help.

When something is sent over the the air, such as Home Sharing and it buffers, it might be because of bandwidth. Is this something which just started? Are there others using the internet on their devices? If so, ask them to pause their internet activities and see if the issue improves.

Here are some other steps to try: If you can't stream or watch movies or TV shows from the Apple TV app, iTunes Store, or third-party apps

If that doesn't make a difference, which device is the shared library coming from?

Is anyone using that device?

More info on Home Sharing: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

Take care!

Itunes home sharing buffering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.