Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

home sharing crashes on iphone

When I try to use Home Sharing on my iphone to access my Macbook's itunes library, it starts to connect, then it (Music Library) crashes on my phone. Home sharing is enabled on my macbook and phone. What gives?

all O/S are up to date.

iphone 7, 13.16.1

macbook: 10.15.6

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 7:05 AM

Hello socgrrrl,

It sounds like you're trying to share media from your MacBook to your iPhone using Home Sharing and running into some issues. We'll be glad to help out.

We have a great article that can guide you through ensuring your settings are all set correctly to allow this to happen. Check it out here: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

If you have all of those settings set correctly and you still run into the issue with the app crashing, let's have you go through these steps: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Feel free to reach back out to the Community if you need further help.

Take care!

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2020 7:05 AM in response to socgrrrl

Hello socgrrrl,

It sounds like you're trying to share media from your MacBook to your iPhone using Home Sharing and running into some issues. We'll be glad to help out.

We have a great article that can guide you through ensuring your settings are all set correctly to allow this to happen. Check it out here: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

If you have all of those settings set correctly and you still run into the issue with the app crashing, let's have you go through these steps: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Feel free to reach back out to the Community if you need further help.

Take care!

Aug 24, 2020 6:47 AM in response to socgrrrl

socgrrrl ,

Thanks for trying those steps out. To confirm, were you able to follow all the steps in If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Specifically, were you able to delete the app and reinstall it? Did you try restarting your iPhone?

If so, you'll want to reach out to our team to take a closer look. Contact Apple Support

Have a great week!

home sharing crashes on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.