Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Photos not uploading new images to cloud & devices

This seems odd. Photos is showing new images that have been added to the cloud from my two other devices, iPhone and iPad.

If I add an album on the iPad, it shows up on the Mac.

If I add images or photos on the iPad they show up on the Mac

If I add images, photos or albums on the Mac, they show on the Mac - but no where else?

They do not upload to the cloud.

help ?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 11:26 AM

Hello RobertChalmers,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to get photos to upload to iCloud from Photos app on your Mac, but you don't have this issue on your iOS devices. To help with this, please follow these steps from this Apple resource on your situation and then contact Apple if you need any further assistance.

"You can see if a photo or video has uploaded to iCloud when you open the Photos app and view your library in Moments. Your upload status is at the bottom of the menu. You can also find photos and videos from your Photos Library that haven't been uploaded to iCloud in a smart album on your Mac."

Get help with iCloud Photos

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2019 11:26 AM in response to RobertChalmers

Hello RobertChalmers,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to get photos to upload to iCloud from Photos app on your Mac, but you don't have this issue on your iOS devices. To help with this, please follow these steps from this Apple resource on your situation and then contact Apple if you need any further assistance.

"You can see if a photo or video has uploaded to iCloud when you open the Photos app and view your library in Moments. Your upload status is at the bottom of the menu. You can also find photos and videos from your Photos Library that haven't been uploaded to iCloud in a smart album on your Mac."

Get help with iCloud Photos

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers!

Mac Photos not uploading new images to cloud & devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.