Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music files

Updated to Catalina yesterday. Music replaced iTunes I guess? File information is now missing from songs. File size bit rate etc is gone. Anyway to show that data like it was in iTunes?

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 5:28 PM

Actually the info I was looking for was the bit rate (I forgot what it was called)

View>Show View Options>File>Bit Rate.

After upgrading to Catalina and Music replacing iTunes, the bit rate wasn't shown on my songs list. I have been updating and improving the bit rates for better sound and playback via my iPhone and completely forgot how to show that info for my songs.

Had to call Apple Support and walk thru it.

Thanks for your reply

HTH

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2019 5:28 PM in response to turingtest2

Actually the info I was looking for was the bit rate (I forgot what it was called)

View>Show View Options>File>Bit Rate.

After upgrading to Catalina and Music replacing iTunes, the bit rate wasn't shown on my songs list. I have been updating and improving the bit rates for better sound and playback via my iPhone and completely forgot how to show that info for my songs.

Had to call Apple Support and walk thru it.

Thanks for your reply

HTH

Music files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.