Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what happens to music and movies downloaded prior to Catalina

What happens to music and movies downloaded prior to Catalina. iTunes folder saved to external drive. Does not seem to be used with Catalina. Do I have to download movies again?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 18, 2020 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2020 11:52 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, keydet68!

I understand you want to know how to listen to music and view previously downloaded movies on macOS Catalina. I'd be happy to provide information to help you accomplish this.

You would simply have to set the media location on both the Music app and Apple TV app. To set this in the Music app, go to Music Preferences > Files and change the media location to your external drive. Similarly, in the Apple TV app go to Apple TV Preferences > Files and set it to your external drive.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2020 11:52 AM in response to keydet68

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, keydet68!

I understand you want to know how to listen to music and view previously downloaded movies on macOS Catalina. I'd be happy to provide information to help you accomplish this.

You would simply have to set the media location on both the Music app and Apple TV app. To set this in the Music app, go to Music Preferences > Files and change the media location to your external drive. Similarly, in the Apple TV app go to Apple TV Preferences > Files and set it to your external drive.

Have a great day!

what happens to music and movies downloaded prior to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.