Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown email account - hacking?

When I was sending an email from my iPhone 8 I noticed that my email said I was sending from an email address that I did not recognize. I found that address in my email account but could not delete it like other accounts. The account said it was life

style deals for seniors along

with other information. How can I get rid of it? Is this a form of hacking?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 11:08 AM

This could be due to having an unknown profile installed on your device.

Please check this by going into the Settings App -> General -> Device Management ('Profiles' on earlier iOS software) -> and delete any unknown profile listed. If this is your personal device most likely there should be no profiles listed.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2019 11:08 AM in response to Skyloran

This could be due to having an unknown profile installed on your device.

Please check this by going into the Settings App -> General -> Device Management ('Profiles' on earlier iOS software) -> and delete any unknown profile listed. If this is your personal device most likely there should be no profiles listed.

Nov 12, 2019 9:21 AM in response to Skyloran

iPhones cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware by merely clicking on a link in Safari, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your iPhone.

You need to look at the way you share your sensitive and valuable informations of your device with your friends and family members.

However --> If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple ...

Unknown email account - hacking?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.