Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hacked

When creating an email on my iPhone the from section has an address that is not mine.

How do I deal with this hacking? Than you!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 1:32 PM

Go to Settings. Scroll to the bottom. Look just below VPN and you should see either “Profiles” or “Device Management”. Tap on it and you will see a profile. Tap on the profile and delete it. You can then delete the email account.

Note that if it is there someone installed it; profiles don’t appear on their own out of the thin air. If you have a company, association or school account on the phone it may have been installed as part of setting up that account. Otherwise, you authorized installing it, possibly in response to a “free” offer.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2020 1:32 PM in response to Rose801

Go to Settings. Scroll to the bottom. Look just below VPN and you should see either “Profiles” or “Device Management”. Tap on it and you will see a profile. Tap on the profile and delete it. You can then delete the email account.

Note that if it is there someone installed it; profiles don’t appear on their own out of the thin air. If you have a company, association or school account on the phone it may have been installed as part of setting up that account. Otherwise, you authorized installing it, possibly in response to a “free” offer.

Nov 29, 2020 8:53 AM in response to Rose801

if you didn't jailbreak your phone, it's not hacked.

did you buy this phone used from someone? if so, the phone wasn't properly reset and you may have other issues

do you share an Apple ID with someone? if so, you should not

if you are in Settings > Mail > Accounts, you should be able to delete an account by tapping on it and selecting Delete Account

Nov 29, 2020 1:14 PM in response to Chris0107

I bought the phone new...

Jailbreak... I would not even know how to do that.

Good to know that the phone is not hacked. Thank you!

There are 3 accounts...one called RedAlerts Emergency does not belong to me. I will delete that and see if that takes care of the issue.

How would I have an email account that is not my own? I do not recognize the email address.

Much thanks... I appreciate tech savvy people coming to my aid.

Hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.