Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with local disk & office for mac: cannot open, save, copy, or move files - error code 8003

I need some help with a recurring issue on my Mac (OS 10.15.1) which shows a number of symptoms. The main issues are:

• cannot move or copy files from local disk or onto local disk (sometimes works when copying in two steps: first step makes a "ghost" and gives error message 8003 - second step allows me to replace ghost with the real file)
  • cannot open local office files (office program reacts but opens nothing; cloud files do open)
  • cannot save previously opened local office files (error message: "The file ... couldn't be opened")

The issues go away very temporarily after rebooting, but come back swiftly and so I do not have a real solution.

The problem seems to be connected to my local disk and to office for mac files.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 5:46 AM

Update: the issues seem to be entirely resolved after the most recent Microsoft Word and Powerpoint update (16.16.16).

Similar questions

1 reply

Issues with local disk & office for mac: cannot open, save, copy, or move files - error code 8003

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.