Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to move items to trash on my Mac error code -43

I am unable to delete any files or move items to the trash on my MacBookPro. I get the message the operation cannot be completed because one or more items cannot be found (error code -43).

I ran disk utility and it reports the disk (1 TB flash storage - mid 2014 MBPr 15inch - High Sierra 10.13.6) is fine.

Is there a fix for this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 1:43 PM

Are you able to determine what items are in the Trash? Can you drag the items onto your Desktop and remove them from the Trash?

Error code -43 usually indicates there is a problem with one or more of the files you are trying to copy. Often filenames that are too long or contain illegal characters.

You should find some help here.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2020 1:43 PM in response to croixmom99

Are you able to determine what items are in the Trash? Can you drag the items onto your Desktop and remove them from the Trash?

Error code -43 usually indicates there is a problem with one or more of the files you are trying to copy. Often filenames that are too long or contain illegal characters.

You should find some help here.

unable to move items to trash on my Mac error code -43

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.