Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast Bookkeeper Sync Constant Sign In

I have been having a "Verify Apple ID" box pop up a lot when I am in the Podcast app on Iphone x ios 13.2.2. After verifying Apple ID, I get another pop up box "Podcasts Bookkeeper Syncs" asking me to enter my Apple ID password again. Usually I enter it and a spinning icon occurs in the box like it is doing something. Eventually it stops and asks me to enter my password again. Usually I have to kill the settings app for it to stop. If I choose to avoid this whole process, when the first box pops up I can choose Settings to enter my apple ID password and then kill the settings app. Box will eventually come back though regardless of what I do.

Tried turning off podcast sync but didn't affect anything.

I have tried signing out from icloud on IOS device. Resigning in. Rebooting. No luck

Tried deleting the podcast app and then signing out of icloud. Re signing in. Rebooting, and reinstalling podcast app. No luck.

Any suggestions? Other thing I haven't tried is backing up and then restoring to factory settings and then restore from backup. Not sure if that would help either, but that is a last resort due to amount of time it takes.

Happened since ios 13.1 but didn't start til a week or so later so might not be completely related to to that version.

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2020 3:06 PM

Mine seems like a total phishing scam. How do I fix this?!?!?!

23 replies

Dec 25, 2019 8:11 PM in response to Bbafett

Here's a screenshot of the dialog I'm getting. This is inside the "System Preferences" app. I have no idea what "Podcasts Bookkeeper Sync" means. When I enter my Apple ID and password, it says, "An unknown error occurred" and does not accept the username and password. When I copy and paste the same username and password into the iCloud website, it logs in just fine, so I am certain it is the correct login info.

Nov 24, 2019 4:50 PM in response to Bbafett

I encountered a similar issue, at first I was letting Preferences to auto-fill my email and would receive "unknown error occurred" when I only entered my password. Killing the settings app, as you said, would work for a couple of days. However, I went back and manually entered my email again, and after putting my password in it seemed to work, i.e. I didn't have to kill the setting app in order to make the warning go away. You've probably already tried that, but just thought I'd share.

Apr 30, 2020 12:49 AM in response to Bbafett

Not sure if you ever got to the bottom of this.

I was having the exact same issue and it was driving me insane. I resolved this by going on my AppleID on my iPhone and a message came up to say my account had been locked for security reasons. As soon as I entered my password on my iPhone, I only required to enter the Podcast password once & it went away.

Hope this helps!

May 6, 2020 2:54 AM in response to Bbafett

This is happening to my wife's account on our shared iMac, it's happening so often that she now cannot use it as this is constantly appearing. Neither of us have ever subscribed to a podcast or have the book keeper app on any of our devices, so this must be malware, any advice is appreciated. I am not keen on using third party virus or malware apps on my macs and my experience of Malware Bytes in the past is that it brings more rubbish with it than it gets rid of, so any advice on the best option for Mac OS would be welcomed too.

Podcast Bookkeeper Sync Constant Sign In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.