Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicates in Photos after Importing Pics from iPhone to Mac

I have imported the photos and videos from iPhone to Mac's Photos. However, next day when I plug in again, most of the photos and videos appear again the the section that "import all new items".

Before, it can successfully identify which are new and old, but it currently wants to input photos that are already input in Photos.

Any idea why this happens and how to solve?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 4:17 AM

I have tried this too. But the same problem also occurs.

This problems has occurred after I have changed my phone (Migrate all data from old iPhone to new iPhone)

Also, I noticed that those duplicate photos and videos were received from WhatsApp. For those taken by camera roll, has no duplicate problem.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2019 4:17 AM in response to rose_10

I have tried this too. But the same problem also occurs.

This problems has occurred after I have changed my phone (Migrate all data from old iPhone to new iPhone)

Also, I noticed that those duplicate photos and videos were received from WhatsApp. For those taken by camera roll, has no duplicate problem.

Nov 15, 2019 4:14 PM in response to enochww

Hey there enochww,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having some issues when going to import your photos from your iPhone to your Mac. I’ll be happy to help with this.

If Photos is seeing photos you’ve already imported as new on your iPhone, quit Photos, and use the steps from the following link to repair your photo library:

How to use the Photos library repair tool

Restart both your iPhone and Mac after that then try importing once more:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to turn your Mac on or off

Also, you may want to consider using iCloud with your photos. It automatically keeps your photos in sync across all your devices where you’re signed in. You can read more about this here:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let me know if this helps.

Nov 18, 2019 10:01 AM in response to enochww

Hi enochww,

Good job isolating the issue to photos from WhatsApp. Have you checked for an update to this app? If not, this link can help:

Update apps or use automatic downloads

If there isn’t an update, delete the app from your iPhone, restart, and add it back:

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue continues after that, I suggesting reaching out to WhatsApp directly for help with the duplicate photo issue when importing to the Photos app.

How to contact an app developer

Cheers. 

Duplicates in Photos after Importing Pics from iPhone to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.