Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with Finder search after upgrading to Cataline

I upgraded to Catalina on my MBP Retina 13"(Late 2013) recently. It was fine till a few days. The issue likely started after the last update: When searching by name for files in Folder through search, nothing shows up(like it used to do before) and just keeps "loading". When I do the same search in Spotlight, all the files are shown, but when I opt for "show all in finder" at the bottom, the same "loading" starts. It is really creating a problem as I use this search a lot to track files with similar names. Earlier, everything on my Mac used to show up in a jiffy. At first I panicked thinking that files had disappeared or that I had been hacked! But I find that the files are very much there, but just not getting found ! Please help

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 1:11 AM

Fixed the above reported issue! Did a couple of forced Quits on Finder followed by a restart. That worked and so far so good! Came across this fix while doing some random browsing.

Similar questions

1 reply

Problem with Finder search after upgrading to Cataline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.